Available Now: Receive a special discount off Chariot’s regular electricity rates by calling 844-9SUNPWR (same as 844-978-6797) or by going to Chariot’s website (click here) and using our Chariot Energy promo code EClubChariot50.
Chariot Energy Reviews
The internet has made shopping for products and services simple, but finding impartial reviews has become increasingly difficult. We recommend that you check electricity provider reviews on top review websites and see the Texas PUC Complaint site for additional types of verified information.
See our Chariot Energy profile page for details about the company, and our Texas Electricity Companies Reviews main page for reviews on competing companies for comparison. See Chariot Energy reviews and Texas PUC statistics at the links below.
|Chariot Energy Reviews on Google
|Chariot Energy Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC)
|Texas PUC Stats
Note that Chariot is a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company, but is relatively new to the Texas market, and thus does not yet have many reviews.
Chariot Energy Ratings
We collect customer opinions from independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Stats, the Better Business Bureau and other sources on more than 40 Texas electricity companies.
We determine a rating score for each energy provider using the third party information along with the results we get from our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey.
Chariot Energy Rating Score: 4.5/5
Chariot Energy Customer Ratings
Chariot Energy’s ratings for the reviewed categories are high overall compared to other Texas Energy Providers. Chariot’s best rating is for trust and transparency with a 4.7 out of 5 score.
Chariot Energy Customer Reviews
Chariot Energy Reviews Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Chariot Energy reviews and ratings?
Independent, objective sources of reviews, ratings and complaint statistics used by Home Energy Club for Chariot Energy and other electric companies include:
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- HEC/Amazon surveys of Amazon’s customer base
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews
HomeEnergyClub.com provides ratings, reviews, and complaint statistics for 40-plus energy providers in Texas.
How does Chariot Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
The Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas at HomeEnergyClub.com are rated using the consumer advocate-comparison site’s industry knowledge, vetting process, and customer data. The following are the current Top 13:
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): top-rated, Houstonians’ most trusted brand
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): 100% solar, no equipment needed, low rates
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): trusted, very low rates, 100% green plans
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): 100% green energy innovator in TX
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): fastest-growing energy provider, low rates
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): user friendly website, clear-cut pricing
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): the best prepaid “no deposit” plans
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): clear-cut rates, well established
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): well-recognized brand, clear-cut rates
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): most trusted brand in Dallas, top-rated service
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): TXU affiliate, quality provider, cheap rates
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): affordable pricing, popular brand
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): clear-cut plans with reliably low rates
Home Energy Club offers discount rates for most of the Top 13 providers.
Who reviews the plans and rates of Chariot Energy in Texas?
The TrustPlan™ vetting process is used by HomeEnergyClub.com, the consumer advocate and comparison site, to review Chariot Energy plans and rates in Texas. The free site includes the following features and helps you choose the cheapest electricity plan for your home:
- Information such as early termination fees, energy rates at various usage levels, and BBB ratings are included in the “Compare Plans” feature, which gives you a side-by-side comparison grid of energy plans.
- In the “Plan Details” popups on the site, you can view details for each energy plan, including the estimated amount of your monthly bill.
- Special discount rates from Chariot that will cut your rate on 100% green energy plans.
Home Energy Club provides vetted plans and guides to minimize the chances of an expensive bill surprise.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
According to the consumer advocate and comparison site for Texas electricity consumers, Home Energy Club, review sources often provide misleading information about energy providers and the quality of their service:
- Generic review sites: in return for fees from companies buying favor, some general review sites place that company’s positive reviews at the top of the first results page. This is not the case with Google reviews.
- Texas electricity review sites: in exchange for fees, reviews on energy marketing sites are often arranged to give certain energy providers an advantage.
- Government comparison sites: historically, on the Power to Choose Texas site and other government energy rate sites, top billing has been given to plans displaying low rates which have deceptive gimmicks and “game” the rankings to gain an advantage.
To see energy plan reviews from independent, unbiased sources, go to HomeEnergyClub.com.
How good is Chariot Energy?
Consider reading customer reviews of Chariot Energy to help you decide whether you find it to be a good company. At HomeEnergyClub.com, you will find:
- Chariot Energy’s rating
- Special discount rates for Chariot
- Verified reviews and/or complaint statistics from independent sources, including:
- Public Utility Commission of Texas
- The Better Business Bureau
- Review sites such as Yelp and Google.
Visit Home Energy Club and click on “Electric Company Reviews” in the menu to see ratings and reviews for more than 40 energy providers in Texas.
How to find a Chariot Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
To find promo codes that deliver instant discount rates on Chariot Energy rate plans:
- Go to the Chariot Energy profile page; or
- Go directly to Chariot’s website and enter the exclusive promo code “EClubChariot50.”
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get so many complaints?
Quality control has been a significant problem at the Texas state government comparison site, Power to Choose, which has received a consistent flow of consumer complaints over the years. Regarding the site:
- Providers have offered deceptive rates as part of a tricky scheme to gain a competitive advantage
- Many customers have ended up with much higher energy bills than they expected
- State leaders have debated whether the website should be closed
HomeEnergyClub.com is the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas because the consumer-oriented comparison site manually vets each energy plan using its TrustPlan™ process to remove plans with tricky gimmicks which result in bill surprises.