We save you time when searching for Direct Energy reviews, and assist you in gaining a more objective selection of consumer comments and statistics.
Below you’ll find links to the Direct Energy light company’s page on top third-party review sites that don’t market electricity and thus have less potential bias. On Google alone, you’ll find over 600 Direct Energy reviews. You’ll also find links to the Texas PUC Complaint sites, which provide additional types of more verified information.
|Direct Energy Reviews on Google||Reviews|
|Direct Energy Reviews on Yelp||Reviews|
|Direct Energy Public Utility Commission of Texas Stats||PUC Complaint Stats|
Direct Energy Ratings
We collect customer satisfaction data from independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Stats, and other sources on over 40 electricity companies in Texas.
We use this third party information and the results of our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey to determine a rating score for each energy provider.
HEC Direct Energy Rating Score: 4.1/5
Direct Energy Customer Ratings
Direct Energy shows fair rating scores on the reviewed categories when comparing them to other Texas providers. The best reviewed category for Direct Energy is billing, with a 4.3 out of 5 score.
Direct Energy Customer Reviews
Direct Energy Reviews & Ratings Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Direct Energy reviews and ratings?
For objective Direct Energy reviews and ratings plus those for many other electric companies, you can rely on Home Energy Club. The consumer advocacy and rate comparison site uses an assortment of trusted sources, including:
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Amazon/HEC customer surveys
- Google and Yelp Customer Reviews
How does Direct Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
Home Energy Club, the authoritative source of electricity company and rate information, has published its updated list of the Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas. While Direct Energy is not currently included in the list while the provider is absorbed into its new parent company (NRG Energy), here are the companies that made the cut:
- Reliant Energy (866-735-1218): top Texas brand, superb service
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): low rates, Happiness Guarantee
- Green Mountain Energy (844-724-3211): time-of-use “free electricity” plans
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): low rates, popular brand, weekly usage reports
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): leader in prepaid and no-deposit plans
- Cirro Energy (855-463-9960): transparent bills, quality Reliant affiliate
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): cheap 100% solar with no equipment needed
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): established provider, clear rates
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): quality service, leading provider in Dallas
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): well managed, low rates, a Vistra company
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): clear rates, low-cost green energy plans
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): transparent plans, well-established brand
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): affordable rates, respected brand
Compare energy rates for TrustPlan-vetted plans at HomeEnergyClub.com.
Who reviews the electricity plans of Direct Energy in Texas?
You can trust HomeEnergyClub.com for verified Direct Energy Texas reviews and its electricity plans. On this user-friendly consumer advocacy site, you can:
- View your monthly energy bill estimate for each plan
- View rates, early termination fees, bill credits, provider guarantees and other key plan attributes
- Compare various energy plans by:
- Rates at key usage levels and home sizes
- Customer reviews and ratings
- Renewable energy content
Home Energy Club helps Texans cut their bills by using its bargaining power to offer special discount rates. Read the site’s guides to help you choose the power plan that best matches your home’s usage patterns, including the Savvy Shopper Guide for no-gimmick cheap energy plans.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
According to research from Home Energy Club, certain energy review sites may mislead consumers:
- Niche review sites: may offer reviews to companies with gimmicky plans in exchange for fees
- Texas energy rating sites: preferential treatment may be given to companies which pay higher fees
- Government sites: Power to Choose Texas may include misleading plans from some providers
HomeEnergyClub.com uses only trusted, objective sources to compile Texas electric company reviews and ratings.
How good is Direct Energy?
When determining whether ‘is Direct Energy a good company’ or ‘is Direct Energy legit’, consider the following information presented on Home Energy Club:
- Customer reviews: view hundreds of certified Direct Energy reviews on BBB
- Public Utility Commission complaint statistics: view complaint stats on the government site
Find the ratings, reviews and stats mentioned above for Direct Energy and more than 40 Texas light companies at HomeEnergyClub.com.
How to find a Direct Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
To find Direct Energy promo codes for instant rate discounts, go to HomeEnergyClub.com.
- Go to the Direct Energy profile page for promo codes and other information
- If there is no current promo code for Direct Energy, check back each month
- Check the promo codes page for discount codes from the largest energy providers
Even if you don’t have a promo code, you’ll find discount rates every day for most major electricity companies on Home Energy Club. Simply enter your zip code on the home page.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
HomeEnergyClub.com helps Texas residents avoid electricity bill surprises. However, government-run Power to Choose has had many complaints from customers over its years of operation. A lot of the complaints regard misleading information posted by energy providers:
- Gimmicky plans: these may trick consumers into paying higher bills
- Shutdown talks: state leaders have discussed a shutdown of Power to Choose
- More concerns: the Public Utility Commission Chairman expressed concerns over the site’s viability
Home Energy Club is the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas, and can help you avoid surprises on your energy bills with its vetted electricity plans from the state’s major electric companies.