We know it can be challenging to find impartial reviews for Texas electricity providers. It’s best to avoid review sites that market energy plans and have conflicts of interest, and to check energy provider reviews on top review websites, as well as information on the Texas PUC site.
Lone Star Energy is a professionally-operated light company with experienced management, which began business in 2018 and does not yet have significant numbers of reviews on third party sites. We will add links to this page from Google, Yelp and other review sites when a statistically significant number of reviews are posted.
Below you’ll find a link to the Texas Public Utilities site featuring consumer statistics. Visit our main Reviews page for reviews on other Texas energy providers, and learn details about the company on our Lone Star Energy profile page.
|Lone Star Energy Public Utility Commission of Texas Stats||Reviews|
Home Energy Club vets each energy plan to help you avoid bill surprises. Learn more about our energy plan vetting process called TrustPlan, and check out Texas energy plans from major power companies.
Lone Star Energy Rating
Home Energy Club is constantly gathering customer satisfaction data on more than 40 electricity companies in Texas from independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Stat, the Better Business Bureau and other sources.
We use our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey results with this information to define a rating score for each energy provider.
HEC Lone Star Energy Rating Score: 4.5/5
Lone Star Energy Customer Ratings
Lone Star Energy has relatively high rating scores on all of the reviewed categories. Lone Star’s best reviewed categories are plans and pricing, trust and transparency, customer service and overall satisfaction with 4.5 out of 5 scores.
Lone Star Energy Reviews & Ratings Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Lone Star Energy reviews and ratings?
Texas residents want reliable, objective information on energy providers, so Home Energy Club uses the following sources for ratings, reviews, and statistics for Lone Star Energy:
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- HEC/Amazon surveys
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews
Find important details on more than 40 energy companies in Texas by visiting HomeEnergyClub.com.
How does Lone Star Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
Home Energy Club has named following as the current Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas based on objective vetting processes, industry knowledge, and a wealth of customer data. Lone Star Energy is not currently on this list, but check back, as that may change.
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): rapid growth, low rates, trusted
- Lone Star Energy (888-853-4404): discount green energy rates
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): high-quality, best rated in Houston
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): trusted brand, transparent rates
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): low rates, 100% green plans
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): plan transparency, reliable rates
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): affordable 100% green energy
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): easy-to-navigate website, price clarity
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): prepaid “no deposit” plans
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): rate transparency, established provider
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): 100% solar, no equipment required
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): quality TXU affiliate, low rates
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): affordable, recognized brand
To compare energy plans and find detailed information on Texas electric companies, visit HomeEnergyClub.com.
Who reviews the electricity plans of Lone Star Energy in Texas?
Lone Star Energy rates and plans displayed on the consumer-focused comparison site, HomeEnergyClub.com, have undergone vetting using TrustPlan. The site can help you select the best energy plan for your home by providing the following information:
- Energy rates at key usage levels
- Special discount offers
- Bill credits
- Early termination fees
- BBB ratings
- Certified reviews
Home Energy Club diligently seeks to reduce the number of bill surprises experienced by Texas residents with vetted plans and provides helpful guides, such as How to Read the Electricity Facts Label Guide and Smart Meter Texas Guide.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
Home Energy Club has found that some energy review sources display incorrect information about energy providers and their service quality:
- Small niche review sites: some review sites are paid by companies to include only positive reviews in visible positions.
- Texas electricity ratings sites: certain electricity providers may pay to have reviews arranged for an advantage over competitors.
- Government comparison sites: the Power to Choose Texas site and other government sites may be gamed due to poor quality control.
To find Lone Star Energy reviews and shop other providers to compare rates, visit HomeEnergyClub.com.
How good is Lone Star Energy?
Home Energy Club offers the following types of information to help you determine whether Lone Star Energy is a good company:
- Certified Lone Star Energy reviews: check out ratings and reviews from objective sources.
- Vetted energy plans: Lone Star’s plans are are vetted using TrustPlan to help protect you from bill surprises.
- Plan Guarantee: Lone Star Energy offers a 90-Day guarantee on its plans.
Go to HomeEnergyClub.com to view a wide range of available plans you can trust, and to read helpful info such as guides to shopping for energy plans in Texas.
How to find a Lone Star Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
Visit Home Energy Club to find promo codes and receive potential rate discounts:
- Visit profile page: Go to the profile page for Lone Star Energy.
- Check for discounts: The best promo code for Lone Star Energy is currently “SPECIAL” . You can use this code directly on the Lone Star Energy website.
To search for trusted energy plans vetted for your convenience, visit HomeEnergyClub.com.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
While Home Energy Club helps prevent bill surprises, the government-run electricity comparison site Power to Choose has historically had large numbers of complaints:
- Gimmicks: the site may contain deceptive gimmicks used by some providers that dupe consumers.
- Bill surprises: tricky energy plans with supposedly low rates are listed, yet Texas consumers may receive high bills.
- Unfair rankings: ranking advantages may be given to some companies that use unscrupulous competitive practices.
HomeEnergyClub.com is the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas, and your best source for all things electricity in Texas.