Below are links to Reliant Energy review pages on major sites that don’t market electricity. Google alone has over 3,000 reviews for Reliant.
We believe that providing you with Texas electricity company reviews from numerous, unbiased, high-volume review websites gives you a more complete picture of customer opinions. For your convenience, below you’ll find the Reliant Energy reviews page links for major review sites, as well as Reliant’s Better Business Bureau page.
|Reliant Reviews on Google||Reviews|
|Reliant Reviews on Yelp||Dallas Reviews
|Reliant Better Business Bureau (BBB) Page||BBB Rating|
|Reliant Reviews on Consumer Affairs||Reviews|
Home Energy Club vets energy plans with our TrustPlan analysis process to help you avoid bill surprises. We also use surveys of random residents to learn their opinions of energy providers in Texas to assist us in deciding which electric companies to include and exclude from our site. You can review Texas electricity plans from major providers on our home page.
Customer Reviews Statistical Note: often a disproportionate number of Texas residents who post energy provider reviews are doing so to make a complaint rather than describe a positive experience. We encourage you to look for patterns of comments to gain insights, and to look at multiple review sites.
In the case of Reliant, they have over a million customers, so even if they have a 99% customer satisfaction percentage, there are thousands of residents who may have a complaint, and these dissatisfied customers are more likely to provide a review. Statistics on the State of Texas PUC site show that Reliant has an excellent record of customer satisfaction per 1,000 customers.
Reliant Energy Ratings
Home Energy Club collects unbiased customer satisfaction data on over 40 electricity companies servicing Texas from a combination of independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Statistics, the Better Business Bureau and other sources.
Home Energy Club combines third party information with its Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey results to determine a rating for energy providers, such as Reliant Energy.
HEC Reliant Energy Rating Score: 4.6/5
Reliant Energy BBB Rating: A
Reliant Energy Customer Ratings
Reliant has good to exceptional ratings on the reviewed categories compared to other Texas energy providers. Reliant’s best rating is for trust and transparency, with a 4.8 out of 5 score.
Reliant Energy Customer Reviews
Reliant Energy Reviews Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Reliant Energy reviews and ratings?
Objective, independent sources are used by the consumer advocate and comparison site Home Energy Club for complaint statistics, ratings, and reviews of Reliant Energy and other electric companies. Some sources include:
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- HEC/Amazon surveys of Amazon’s customer base
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews
Visit HomeEnergyClub.com to read complaint statistics, ratings and reviews for electricity providers in Texas.
How does Reliant Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
HomeEnergyClub.com has named the following providers to its Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas list based on independent reviews and ratings, the TrustPlan vetting process, industry knowledge, and customer data:
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): Houston’s most popular brand, top-rated
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): low rates, 60-day guarantee, trusted
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): ultra-low rates, 90-day guarantee, trusted
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): 1st in 100% green plans in Texas
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): rate transparency, uncomplicated plans
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): clear-cut plans, low to mid-range rates
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): No. 1 prepaid plan “no deposit” provider
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): established provider, straightforward rates
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): low-cost 100% solar plans, no panels
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): established provider, rate transparency
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): preferred provider in Dallas, top-rate service
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): low rates, TXU affiliate, quality service
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): mid-range pricing, Astros sponsor
See objective ratings and reviews of 40+ energy providers in Texas at Home Energy Club.
How good is Reliant Energy?
Consider the following when determining whether Reliant Energy is a good company:
- At HomeEnergyClub.com, learn objective in-depth information about Reliant Energy
- Reliant’s BBB rating is “A”
- Reliant has a HEC/Amazon rating score of 4.6 out of 5
- Reliant has earned the following awards:
- Elite Award for customer experience execution and results
- MaritzCX for customer service
- Temkin Group CX Excellence Award for customer experience and sustainability
View Reliant Energy customer reviews and ratings at Home Energy Club.
Who reviews the plans and energy rates of Reliant Energy?
HomeEnergyClub.com, the consumer advocate and electricity plan comparison site, uses its unique TrustPlan™ vetting process to review Reliant Energy plans in Texas. To make selecting the best energy plan for your home easier and more convenient, the following features are also provided on the free site’s service:
- The “Compare Plans” feature allows you to compare plan features side-by-side in a convenient grid format that includes:
- Rates at key usage levels, including discounts
- The plan’s term length and rate type (fixed or variable)
- Amount of early termination fee
- Renewable energy percentage
- The provider’s BBB rating
- The estimated amount of your monthly electricity bill and other details are provided in convenient “Plan Details” popups
Home Energy Club is a consumer advocate which does not sell special treatment. The site uses its bargaining power to offer club members low discount rates (there’s no membership fee) and manually vets each plan using TrustPlan to eliminate plans that have deceptive gimmicks which cause bill surprises.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
According to electricity consumer advocate Home Energy Club, the following types of review sites often give consumers slanted information about providers and their service quality:
- Texas electricity ratings sites: customer ratings and reviews on some energy sites are curated to provide advantages to the providers that pay higher fees. Home Energy Club does not sell special treatment.
- Government comparison sites: a lack of quality control seems to plague government energy rate sites because, like the Power to Choose Texas site, they tend to be rigorously gamed by some unethical energy providers.
- Generic review sites: Although generic review sites aren’t sellers of electricity, some of them manipulate search results for a fee or fail to stop providers that “game” their systems with fake reviews.
HomeEnergyClub.com provides ratings, reviews and complaint statistics for electricity companies from numerous independent sources.
How to find a Reliant Energy promo code to get a rate discount
Here’s how to find promo codes to receive rate discounts:
- Go to the HomeEnergyClub.com profile page for Reliant Energy to see whether Reliant currently has promo codes that instantly provide rate discounts highlighted this month.
- Also find promo codes that provide exclusive discount rates from other leading energy providers on Home Energy Club.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
For many years, the electricity comparison site operated by the Texas state government, Power to Choose, has been dogged by consumer complaints. Lack of quality control is the root cause, which has resulted in the following:
- Some unscrupulous electric companies have “gamed” the website with tricky gimmick plans that show very low rates.
- The deceptive rates have caused consumers alarming bill surprises.
- Closing the website has been a matter of discussion among state leaders, including the Texas PUC chairman.
HomeEnergyClub.com is the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas. The consumer-centric site’s process of manually vetting each plan using its unique TrustPlan™ and its commitment to eliminating tricky gimmick plans that lead to bill surprises has filled a market need for consumer-friendly electricity plans.