Because electricity review sites in Texas often provide a distorted view of consumer attitudes, we recommend that you check reviews on credible websites which have large volumes of customer comments and don’t market electricity rate plans. Below you’ll find certified reviews and ratings from Google, Yelp and Consumer Affairs, and also links to Ambit information from the BBB and Public Utility Commission of Texas.
Also, see our Texas Electricity Companies Reviews main page to compare Ambit reviews with those of competing energy providers. And check our Ambit Energy profile page for key information on the company.
|Ambit Reviews on Google||Google Reviews|
|Ambit Reviews on Yelp||Reviews|
|Ambit Reviews on Consumer Affairs||Reviews|
|Ambit Better Business Bureau (BBB) Page||BBB Rating|
|Ambit Public Utility Commission of Texas Stats||Complaint Stats|
Be sure to look past the first 10 featured reviews on Consumer Affairs for more representative and authentic reviews. Also, see the Better Business Bureau and Texas PUC Complaint sites for additional types of verified information.
Ambit Energy Ratings
Home Energy Club is constantly gathering unbiased customer satisfaction data of more than 40 electricity companies in Texas from independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Stat, the Better Business Bureau and other sources.
This third party information is combined with our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey results to come up with a rating score for each energy provider.
HEC Ambit Energy Rating Score: 4.3/5
Ambit Energy BBB Rating: A
Ambit Energy Customer Ratings
Ambit Energy has fair rating scores on the reviewed categories. Ambit’s best reviewed categories are billing and customer service, with 4.4 out of 5 scores.
Ambit Energy Customer Reviews
Ambit Energy Reviews & Ratings Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Ambit Energy reviews and ratings?
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- HEC/Amazon surveys of Amazon’s customer base
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews
To read reviews, ratings and complaint statistics for over 40 electric companies in Texas, go to HomeEnergyClub.com. Like Consumer Reports, Home Energy Club does not sell special treatment.
How does Ambit Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
Home Energy Club’s objective rating process, customer data, and industry knowledge are used to compare and rate the current Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas, which include:
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): Houston’s No. 1 brand, top-rated service
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): fastest growing, mega-low rates, trusted brand
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): 100% green plans, exceptionally low rates
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): easy-to-understand and straightforward rates
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): pioneer of 100% green plans
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): low-cost solar, no equipment required
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): reliably affordable, big on transparency
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): top provider of “no deposit” prepaid plans
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): transparent rates, well established brand
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): one of largest providers, transparent rates
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): Dallas’ most trusted brand, quality service
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): TXU affiliate, low rates, quality service
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): moderate pricing, popular brand
Who reviews plans and energy rates of Ambit Energy?
You’ll find customer reviews for Ambit Energy, its plans and energy rates on the consumer-friendly comparison site HomeEnergyClub.com, where plans are vetted using their unique TrustPlan™ process. The following features are also on the free site and can assist you in choosing the best energy plan for your home:
- Learn details such as the estimated amount of your monthly bill in “Plan Details” popups
- On the home page “Compare Plans” feature, you can compare plan features and providers side by side in a convenient grid, including:
- Rates for key usage levels and discount rate offers
- Amount of each plan’s early termination fee
- The term length and rate type (fixed or variable)
- Percentage of renewable energy content
- Special features such as bill credits
- The provider BBB rating
Home Energy Club is at work to help Texas residents avoid gimmicky energy plans that lead to bill surprises.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
Home Energy Club has recognized the need consumers have for reliable review sources because each of the current types of review sites are known to give consumers distorted impressions of energy providers and the level of service they provide:
- Texas electricity review sites: customer reviews are curated on some sites in a way that gives advantage to companies that pay them higher fees. Home Energy Club does not sell special treatment.
- Major independent review sites: generic review sites are sometimes “gamed” so that unethical providers have undeserved high ratings.
- Government comparison sites: the Power to Choose Texas site and other government energy rate sites generally lack quality control, resulting in unscrupulous manipulation of site results and consumers getting costly bill surprises.
Numerous independent sources are used by HomeEnergyClub.com so that Texas consumers can decide about their energy provider and plan based on more reliable information.
How to find an Ambit Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
Go to the HomeEnergyClub.com profile page for Ambit Energy to see whether Ambit has promo codes that instantly provide rate discounts highlighted this month.
- If there are none, you can find promo codes for Ambit’s affiliate companies, TriEagle Energy and 4Change Energy, which have highly competitive energy rates in Texas. You can also enroll in their discount rate plans on the comparison site.
- Also find promo codes that provide exclusive discount rates from other leading energy providers on Home Energy Club.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
For years, consumer complaints have plagued Power to Choose, the electricity comparison site run by the state government. The problem is due to a lack of quality control, which has resulted in the following:
- Consumers are often tricked by gimmicky plans… because electric companies “game” the website to gain a ranking advantage, causing consumers to have shocking bill surprises.
- The question of whether to shut down the site… has been debated by state leaders, and the Public Utility Commission chairman suggested re-examining the feasibility of allowing the government to run the commercial comparison site.
HomeEnergyClub.com has become the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas. With the consumer-friendly site’s commitment to cutting tricky gimmick plans that lead to bill surprises using the TrustPlan™ process, the free service has filled a market need for consumer-friendly electricity plans.