Below are links to TXU Energy pages on major objective review sites that don’t market electricity plans. By checking Texas electricity company reviews on multiple, high-volume review websites, we believe you will have a more complete picture of customer opinions. To save you time, below you’ll find TXU Energy reviews on Google, Yelp and Consumer Affairs, which have a combined 300 reviews, as well as the Better Business Bureau’s TXU page.
|TXU Energy on Google||Google Reviews|
|TXU Energy on Yelp||Yelp Reviews|
|TXU Energy Consumer Affairs Page||Reviews|
|TXU Energy Better Business Bureau Page||BBB Rating|
|TXU Energy Public Utility Commission of Texas Stats||PUC Stats|
Note that it’s often the case that most Texas residents post energy providers reviews when they wish to report a negative experience rather than a positive one. Consider looking for patterns of comments across reviews to gain the most meaningful insights.
Home Energy Club vets energy plans on the site using our TrustPlan process, which is designed to help you avoid energy bill surprises. We also use surveys of random Texas electricity shoppers to learn their opinions of light companies in Texas, which helps us in determining which electric companies to include and exclude from our site. You can review electricity rate plans in Texas from major providers.
TXU Energy Ratings
Home Energy Club gathers customer opinions on more than 40 Texas electricity companies from various sources such as independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Stat and the Better Business Bureau.
We combine this third party information with our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey results to define a rating score for energy providers, such as TXU Energy.
HEC TXU Energy Rating Score: 4.5/5
TXU Energy BBB Rating: A
TXU Energy Customer Ratings
TXU Energy shows relatively high rating scores on the reviewed categories. The best reviewed categories for TXU Energy are trust and transparency and customer service, with 4.7 out of 5 scores.
TXU Energy Customer Reviews
TXU Energy Reviews & Ratings Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective TXU Energy reviews and ratings?
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews
- HEC/Amazon surveys of Amazon’s customer base
Home Energy Club provides ratings, reviews and complaint statistics for 40-plus electric companies in Texas.
How does TXU Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
Home Energy Club uses an objective vetting process to rate the current Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas. Consumer data, independent reviews and ratings sources, as well as industry knowledge, are considered. The list currently includes:
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): Top-rated, No. 1 brand in Houston
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): Fastest growing, trusted brand, very low rates
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): 100% green plans, extraordinarily low rates
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): Straightforward rates, user-friendly website
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): First to have 100% green plans
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): Affordable solar, no solar panels required
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): Reliably cost-efficient, candid rates
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): Choice provider of “no deposit” plans
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): Transparent rates, deep-rooted brand
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): One of largest providers, clear-cut rates
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): Dallas’ most trusted brand, excellent service
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): TXU affiliate, economical rates
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): Moderate pricing, prominent brand
Find objective ratings, reviews and special discount rates at HomeEnergyClub.com. No membership fee required.
Who compares electricity plans of TXU Energy?
Compare TXU Energy plans in Texas with those of other energy providers on our consumer-friendly comparison site, HomeEnergyClub.com. The site uses its unique TrustPlan™ process to vet providers and plans, and make it easy to choose the best energy plan for your home. The convenient premier comparison site offers a free service, which provides:
- Your estimated monthly bill, found in the ‘Plan Details’ popups
- The ‘Compare Plans’ tab featured on the homepage allows you to compare plan features and providers side by side in a convenient grid, which includes:
- Rates at key usage levels and discount rate offers
- Amount of each plan’s early termination fee
- The term length and rate type (fixed or variable)
- Percentage of renewable energy content
- Special features such as bill credits
- The provider BBB rating
Home Energy Club continually develops tools for Texas residents to help reduce the chance that they will be face surprises in their monthly electricity bill.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
As the premier comparison site and energy consumer advocate in Texas, Home Energy Club recognizes that customers need a review site they can rely on. Unfortunately, the following types of sites may provide misleading information about energy companies:
- Government comparison sites: the Power to Choose Texas site and other government energy rate sites generally lack quality control, which results in unscrupulous manipulation of site results. This leads to consumers finding unexpected costs in their monthly bill.
- Texas energy plan review sites: Certain sites curate reviews in a way that gives advantage to the companies that pay them a higher fee. Similar to Consumer Reports, Home Energy Club does not sell special treatment.
- Major independent review sites: The “gaming” strategies of some providers may result in misleading reviews and undeserved high ratings.
Go to HomeEnergyClub.com for reviews from independent, unbiased sources.
How good is TXU Energy?
Based on ratings from numerous independent sources, TXU Energy is considered to be a good electric company. View TXU reviews and ratings at Home Energy Club. Here are popular TXU features:
- One of the most trusted energy providers in Texas.
- Electricity plans offering “free electricity” based on the time of usage.
Compare TXU Energy with other electric companies on HomeEnergyClub.com. Simply click the Texas electricity providers reviews page.
How to find TXU Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
Receive an instant discount rate on TXU Energy plans or other brands using a promo code. Just follow these steps:
- Check the company profile page for TXU Energy to see if there are any discount promo codes on HomeEnergyClub.com.
- If you’re interested in special discount rates and exclusive promo codes for other top energy providers in Texas, check out the promo code page on Home Energy Club.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
While the Texas state government had good intentions in providing an energy comparison site, there have been significant problems with their Power to Choose platform:
- Lack of quality control: For years, a lack of quality control has lead to a plague of consumer complaints against Power to Choose, the electricity comparison site run by the state government.
- Deceptive energy plans: Electric companies have ‘gamed’ the website to gain an advantage in ranking. As a result, consumers are often deceived by gimmicky plans and experience unexpected costs included in their monthly energy bill.
- Feasibility of a government site: State leaders have questioned whether to shut down The Public Utility Commission Chairman has suggested re-examining the feasibility of allowing the government to run the commercial comparison site.
HomeEnergyClub.com has become the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas. This user-friendly site is committed to cutting misleading plans that lead to unexpected costs. The site manually vest each plan using TrustPlan™, making this free service a trustworthy choice for consumers.