Available Now: While you are checking Gexa reviews, get special discounted Gexa Energy rates that are lower than their regular rates by calling Gexa toll free at 855-639-8212. Or you can enroll on Home Energy Club (enter your zip code for plans), or use our exclusive Gexa Energy promo code “GexaTX” on Gexa’s website page (click here) where the promo code is applied.
Gexa Energy Reviews
Below are links to pages on Gexa Energy reviews from major review sites that don’t market electricity to give you information which is more impartial. You’ll find over 1,000 Gexa Energy reviews on Google alone. Providing you with Texas electric company reviews from numerous credible review websites gives you a more complete picture of customer viewpoints so you can make an informed choice.
It may be helpful to view these energy reviews in your city such as “Gexa Energy reviews Houston” or “Gexa Energy reviews Dallas”.
See our Gexa Energy Texas profile page for details about the company and our Texas Electricity Companies Reviews main page, which includes information about competing electric companies. The Gexa Energy reviews below provide additional types of certified information.
|Gexa Reviews on Google||Reviews|
|Gexa Reviews on Yelp||Reviews|
Note that often a disproportionate number of customers who post reviews on energy providers are doing so to make a complaint, so we encourage you to look at the substance and patterns of reviews to gain insights, rather than focus simply on ratings and the ratio of negative reviews.
Home Energy Club vets all energy plans with our TrustPlan process, and we use surveys of random Texas residents to learn their opinions of energy providers to assist us in deciding which electric companies to exclude from our site.
Gexa Energy Ratings
At Home Energy Club, we collect customer satisfaction data on more than 40 Texas Electricity Companies from a combination of independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints Stats, and other sources.
We combine third party information with our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey results so we can assign a rating for energy providers, such as Gexa Energy.
HEC Gexa Energy Rating Score: 4.5/5
Gexa Energy Customer Ratings
Gexa has relatively high scores on the reviewed categories compared to other Texas energy providers. Gexa’s best rating is for plans and pricing, with a 4.7 out of 5 score.
Gexa Energy Customer Reviews
Gexa Energy Reviews Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Gexa Energy company reviews and ratings?
- The Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews
- HEC/Amazon surveys of Amazon’s customer base
For 40-plus electric companies in Texas, you can view ratings, reviews and complaint statistics at HomeEnergyClub.com.
How does Gexa Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
To compare and rate the current Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas, an objective vetting process is used by HomeEnergyClub.com, along with consumer data, independent reviews and ratings sources, and industry knowledge. Gexa Energy ratings are known for being consistently high, and the current list of the best energy providers in Texas includes:
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): low rates, trusted brand, 100% green plans
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): Houston’s top brand, highly trusted
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): trusted, fastest growing due to ultra-low rates
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): simple competitive plans, Reliant affiliate
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): the king of “no deposit” prepaid electricity
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): well-established provider, uncomplicated rates
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): cheap 100% solar, no equipment required
- Amigo Energy (888-864-0599): trusted brand, simple affordable rates
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): affordable 100% green plans
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): most trusted provider in Dallas, highly rated
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): quality TXU affiliate, affordable rates
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): moderate pricing, well established
Go to Home Energy Club for objective ratings, reviews and special discount rates. No membership fees.
Who compares electricity plans of Gexa Energy?
HomeEnergyClub.com’s unbiased TrustPlan™ vetting process is used to compare Gexa Energy plans in Texas with those of other energy providers. Choosing the best energy plan for your home is made convenient by the premier comparison site, a free service that includes:
- Comparing plans side-by-side in a table with the “Compare Plans” feature, which allows you to view the early termination fees, and rates based on numerous usage levels for all electric companies you select
- “Plan Details” popups provide details on each energy plan, including the estimated amount of your monthly bill
- Gexa Energy offers “Happiness Guarantees” on plans, which allows you to switch to one of their other plans if the first choice isn’t a good fit for your home
Home Energy Club continually develops tools to help Texas residents reduce the chances that they will be faced with electricity bill surprises.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
Energy plan review sources listed below have potential problems because consumers seeking honest reviews can encounter misleading information about energy companies. According to Home Energy Club, the premier comparison site and energy consumer advocate in Texas, some of the problems include:
- Government comparison sites: the Power to Choose Texas site and other government-run electricity rate platforms have a history of severe gaming among some providers, resulting in large numbers of consumer complaints
- Texas energy plan review sites: customer reviews are organized in a way that benefits fee-paying providers on some electricity sites which market plans (Home Energy Club does not sell special treatment)
- Major independent review sites: although generic review sites where electricity is not sold are often independent sources, the “gaming” strategies of some providers may result in misleading reviews
Go to HomeEnergyClub.com for reviews and complaint statistics from numerous independent, unbiased sources.
How good is Gexa Energy?
Gexa Energy’s ratings, based on numerous independent sources, show that Gexa Energy is considered to be a good electric company. View Gexa reviews and ratings at Home Energy Club. Here are popular Gexa features:
- Some of the cheapest electricity rates in Texas
- Gexa offers a unique 60-day Happiness Guarantee
- Valuable credits on monthly bills
- Billing assistance programs
How to find a Gexa Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
How to get an instant discount on Gexa Energy rates with promo codes:
- Use HomeEnergyClub.com’s exclusive promo code “GexaTX” when enrolling on the Gexa website
- Click on the direct link to the Gexa site landing page that displays their discount rates
On Home Energy Club, you will also find special discount rates and exclusive promo codes from other top energy providers in Texas.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
The electricity plan comparison site operated by the Texas state government, Power to Choose, has been a target of consumer complaints year after year. See below the causes of complaints and related responses:
- Unscrupulous energy providers have long been “gaming” the website with deceptive gimmicks
- Plans are often displayed that show very low gimmick rates, causing energy bills to be much higher than customers expect
- The outcry of unhappy customers has not gone unnoticed among state leaders, who have considered ending the website
- The Public Utility Commission Chairman suggested reconsidering the state agency’s operation of a commercial website
The best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas is consumer-friendly HomeEnergyClub.com, which is dedicated to eliminating gimmicky plans that lead to bill surprises. The free service fills the consumer demand for trustworthy providers and plans with its unique manual vetting of each plan using TrustPlan™.