Looking for objective review sources for Stream Energy? We recommend that you focus on review sites that don’t also sell electricity due to potential conflicts.
To gain a fuller picture of consumer opinions, below you can check reviews from multiple, well-known review sites that have large volumes of customer comments like Google and Yelp. Also, see energy provider pages on the Texas Public Utility Commission complaint site for additional types of information.
See our Stream Energy profile page to learn details about the company, and check our Texas Electricity Companies Reviews main page for reviews and ratings on competing Texas energy providers.
|Steam Energy on Google||Google Reviews|
|Steam Energy on Yelp||Yelp Reviews|
|Steam Energy Public Utility Commission of Texas Stats||Texas PUC Complaint Stats|
To help avoid bill surprises, review vetted Texas electricity plans on Home Energy Club, which undergo our TrustPlan process.
Stream Energy Ratings
We are constantly collecting unbiased customer satisfaction data on more than 40 electricity companies in Texas from independent review sites, the State of Texas Public Utility Commission Complaints site, and other sources.
We combine our Home Energy Club/Amazon customer rating survey results with this third party information to determine a rating score for each energy provider.
HEC Stream Energy Rating Score: 4.3/5
Stream Energy Customer Ratings
Stream Energy has fair to good rating scores for the reviewed categories. Their best reviewed category is billing, with a 4.5 out of 5 score.
Stream Energy Customer Reviews
Stream Energy Reviews & Ratings Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find objective Stream Energy reviews and ratings?
Home Energy Club uses objective sources for compiling ratings and reviews of Stream Energy and other energy companies in Texas. These include:
- Texas Public Utility Commission
- HomeEnergyClub.com/Amazon surveys of Amazon’s customer base
- Google Reviews and Yelp Reviews from Texans
To browse more electricity company reviews and ratings, go to HomeEnergyClub.com.
How does Stream Energy’s rating compare to other electric companies?
Home Energy Club lists the current Top 13 Best Electric Companies in Texas based on a vetting process of their plans and other considerations. Stream Energy is not currently on this list, but its sister company, Reliant Energy, does appear.
- Reliant Energy (833-339-0416): high-quality, top-rated in Houston
- Payless Power (833-926-9776): tops in prepaid no-deposit plans
- Entrust Energy (917-382-2513): less likely to require a deposit
- Gexa Energy (855-639-8212): very low rates, 100% green plans
- Pulse Power (888-853-4219): growing, trusted company with low rates
- TriEagle Energy (888-380-4813): plan transparency, reliably low rates
- Green Mountain Energy (833-339-0421): affordable green energy plans
- Cirro Energy (833-392-9778): easy website, price transparency
- Just Energy (866-385-6065): rate transparency, established provider
- Chariot Energy (844-978-6797): 100% solar, no equipment required
- TXU Energy (800-818-6132): top-rated, most trusted in Dallas
- 4Change Energy (855-784-2426): quality TXU affiliate, low rates
- Champion Energy (844-856-9388): affordable, Astros sponsor
To find helpful electricity shopping guides, go to HomeEnergyClub.com.
Who reviews the electricity plans of Stream Energy in Texas?
Find and compare reviews, rates, and electricity plans for Stream Energy on HomeEnergyClub.com. These plans have undergone the TrustPlan™ vetting process for quality. For each plan, you will find:
- Discount pricing offers
- Bill credits
- Fee information
- Verified customer reviews
Home Energy Club seeks to reduce the number of surprises Texas residents see on their energy bills. Articles featured on the site can help you understand your energy bill charges and much more.
What are problems with electricity company review sites?
Home Energy Club has found that certain types of review sources may display misleading information about cheap electricity plans and quality of service:
- Niche review sites: some smaller review sites are paid by companies to boost positive reviews
- Texas electricity review sites: some electricity providers may arrange reviews in a misleading fashion to gain a competitive edge
- Government comparison sites: the Power to Choose Texas site and other government sites often have a lack of quality control
To read verified reviews of Stream Energy and other providers, visit HomeEnergyClub.com.
How good is Stream Energy?
Consider this information by Home Energy Club when evaluating Stream Energy:
- Customer reviews: read verified reviews and ratings of Stream energy
- Multi-level marketing company: Stream Energy markets through MLM channels
- NRG is parent: Stream is a subsidiary of NRG Energy, a reputable national energy company
Visit HomeEnergyClub.com to compare Stream Energy with other electric companies in Texas.
How to find a Stream Energy promo code to get a rate discount?
It may be possible to use promo codes from Home Energy Club to save on your energy bill:
- Visit the profile page for Stream Energy and check for promo codes
- If there is no current promo code for Stream Energy, check back, as one may become available
- Review promo codes for other top providers on the comparison site to gain instant discounts on your electricity rate
To compare top Texas energy providers and see what discount rates are available, visit HomeEnergyClub.com.
Why does Power to Choose (government site) get many complaints?
The government-run electricity comparison site Power to Choose has received many complaints:
- Consumer confusion: gimmicky plans that may confuse consumers
- Bill surprises: Texas consumers have complained of unexpectedly high bills
- Unfair rankings: companies with unscrupulous practices may “game” the site to gain a ranking advantage
- Doubt among state leaders: the Public Utility Commission Chairman has expressed doubts about the viability of the site
HomeEnergyClub.com has become the best alternative to Power to Choose in Texas for avoiding bill surprises.